|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Cabernet Medley™ Crab Cakes
Now's the time for smaller bites and cocktail fare and these Cabernet Medley™ Crab Cakes are sure to please. With a denser texture than traditional cakes, they hold up well and offer a kick that's a perfect complement to drinks to get the party started.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 10 4-oz. cakes
- 2½ c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Cabernet Medley™
- 16 oz. crabmeat
- ¼ c. rough-chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ c. toasted whole pine nuts
- ¼ c. smashed toasted pine nuts
- 3 t. OLD BAY® seasoning
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 egg whites
- Panko bread crumbs as needed
- Cooking oil as needed
- Salted butter as needed
1. Bring water to a boil. Add InHarvest Cabernet Medley. Bring liquid back to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and remain covered; let rest for 5 minutes. Lay Cabernet Medley out on a sheet tray to cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, combined Cabernet Medley with crab, cilantro, whole and smashed pine nuts and OLD BAY®. Reserve.
3. In another bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and egg whites until creamy.
4. Fold the creamy mixture into the crabmeat mixture until combined well. (If the mixture is too moist, add enough bread crumbs to firm up.)
5. Form 4-oz. cakes. Lightly coat with bread crumbs.
6. Add cooking oil and a little butter to a large fry pan just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Sear cakes a few at a time (do not crowd in the pan) until golden brown on each side, 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Place seared crab cakes into a 350°F oven and finish cooking, approximately 20 minutes.