|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Black Pearl Medley® Tuscan Pilaf - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 1 2½” hotel pan (20 ¾-cup portions)
One serving provides 1.5 grain/bread equivalent
- 2 qts. chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 1/8 c. Italian seasoning
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 c. carrots, peeled, diced (optional)
- ½ c. onion, diced (optional)
- In a pot, bring the stock to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 1/8 c. Italian seasoning, 2 t. kosher salt, 1 c. carrots (if using), ½ c. onion (if using) and 2 qts. hot stock. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pan with parchment and foil.
- Bake in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the grain is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Hold, covered, in a warmer or steam table until service.
Nutrition Facts Per serving: 182 cal., 6 g pro., 37 g carb., 3 g fiber, 2 g fat,