|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Black Pearl Medley® Thai Curry Rice Bowl - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 17 servings
A 1-cup serving provides 2 bread/grain servings, 1 cup fruit/vegetable, 2 oz. meat/alt.
- 3 c. coconut milk
- 1½ c. water
- 3 T. Thai red curry paste
- 1 t. vegetable base, low sodium
- 2 t. lime juice
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 4¼ c. broccoli florets
- 4¼ c. carrots, sliced
- 5¼ c. red bell peppers, seeded, sliced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 4¼ c. scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs., 2 oz. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 1 c. cilantro, rough chopped
- Bring the coconut milk, water, curry paste and vegetable base to a boil, whisking to combine.
- Remove from heat. Add lime juice and hold hot for service.
- Cook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley according to package instructions. Hold hot for service.
- Toss the broccoli, carrots and bell peppers in olive oil and salt.
- Spread the vegetables onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and roast in a 350°F oven until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the roasted vegetables with scallions and hold hot for service.
- Place the chicken in a hotel pan and heat in a 350°F oven until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Hold hot for service.
- To serve: Place 1 cup of rice in the bottom of a bowl. Top with 1 cup of mixed vegetables, 2 oz. of chicken and ¼ cup of curry sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
Per serving: 407 cal., 26 g pro., 49 g carb., 8 g fiber, 13 g fat, 8 g sat. fat, 52 mg chol., 366 mg sod.