|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Black Pearl Medley® Sesame Broccoli Salad - K-12 Foodservice
This recipe was developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 40 ½-cup portions
Each 1-cup portion provides 1 grain/bread eq., ¼ cup vegetable (1/8 cup red/orange, 1/8 cup dark green)
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 8 c. broccoli florets
- ¾ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 c. orange juice
- ¼ c. sesame oil
- 2⅔ T. finely minced or grated fresh ginger
- 4 c. peeled, thinly sliced (as coins) carrot
- ½ c. thinly sliced scallion
- ½ c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Using the package directions as a guide, slightly overcook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley (to avoid toughening of the grains caused by the acid in the dressing).
- Lay the cooked Black Pearl Medley out on a sheet pan. Reserve the sheet pan in a walk-in or cooler until the grain is chilled.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water, or steam just until the florets are crisp- tender. Plunge the florets into ice water. Drain well.
- To make the dressing, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, sesame oil and ginger.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled Black Pearl Medley, broccoli florets, carrot slices, scallion and cilantro. Mix all ingredients well.
- Add the vinaigrette to the grain salad and mix well again. Reserve chilled until service.
Per serving: 170 cal., 5 g pro., 30 g carb., 5 g fiber, 3 g fat, 0 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol., 342 mg sod., 3 g sugar