|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Black Pearl Medley® Pork Chile Verde - K-12 Foodservice
This recipe was developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 28 servings
Each 1-cup portion provides 1 grain/bread eq., ¼ cup vegetable (legume), 1/8 cup vegetable (other), 2 oz. eq. meat/alt.
- 1 t. vegetable oil
- 2 c. onion, medium dice
- ½ c. garlic clove, minced
- 2½ qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 4 T. cumin, ground
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 3½ lbs. pork, boneless cubed, cooked
- 4 c. salsa verde
- 4 c. black beans, canned, drained
- 1 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a pot large enough to hold all of the stock, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken stock, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 3½ lbs. pork, 4 c. salsa verde, 4 c. black beans, 1 c. cilantro and 2½ qts. hot stock mixture. Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover the pan tightly with parchment paper and foil. Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Per serving: 319 cal., 23 g pro., 36 g carb., 7 g fiber, 10 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 323 mg sod., 1 g sugar
- This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the directions.
- The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.