|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Vegan Black Forest Blend™ Bolognese - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 48 1-cup servings
- 5 lbs. thinly shaved broccoli slices
- 1 qt. thinly shaved cauliflower slices
- 1 qt. julienne of shiitake mushroom
- 2 qts. fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 1¼ c. olive oil, divided
- 2 c. small-dice sweet onion
- 2 c. small-dice carrot
- 2 c. small-dice celery
- 4 T. minced garlic
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 gal. canned diced tomato with juice
- 2 qts. tomato sauce
- 1 gal. vegetable stock
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Forest Blend™
- 4 T. roughly chopped fresh oregano
- 4 t. finely chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ c. chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Using separate sheet pans for the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and corn, drizzle ¼ c. oil over each vegetable. Roast at 375°F until tender, approximately 4 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven and reserve warm.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat the remaining oil. Cook the onion, carrot, celery and garlic until soft and golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and stir in the tomato paste. Cook to thicken the mixture slightly, approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomato with juice and tomato sauce. Continue to cook, uncovered, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the liquid reduces by half.
- Pour in the stock and stir in InHarvest Black Forest Blend. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer. Let cook, uncovered, until the lentils are tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour. (If the lentils begin to dry out, add more stock a little at a time as needed.)
- Reduce the heat to low and add the roasted vegetables. Toss the mixture with the herbs and reserve warm for service.
Per serving: 220 cal., 8 g pro., 32 g carb., 6 g fiber, 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 550 mg sod., 10 g sugar