|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Black Beluga Lentil and Spinach Phyllo Pockets with Feta
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: About 24 cups
- 1 med. onion, small diced
- 1 T. garlic
- 6 oz. Portobello mushrooms, small diced
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils
- 2 qts. vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. carrots, 1/4” diced
- 2 T. fresh thyme, chopped
- 12 oz. baby spinach
- 2 lbs. phyllo dough
- 2 lbs. feta
- Melted butter, as needed
1. Sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms in ¼ cup olive oil until onions are translucent. Add InHarvest Black Beluga Lentils and 2 quarts stock and simmer covered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is gone. Reserve lentils.
2. In a separate pan sauté carrots in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the fresh spinach. Continue to cook until spinach is wilted.
3. Mix carrots, spinach and lentil mixture together with fresh thyme; cool immediately.
4. Cut phyllo dough into about 4”x10” strips.
5. Place 3 tablespoons of lentil mixture on the end of the phyllo strip (should be two phyllo sheets thick), and top with 2 teaspoons of crumbled feta cheese.
6. Starting with on corner, fold to make a triangle shape covering the mixture.
7. Brush with melted butter and repeat folding step until phyllo strips is used up.
8. Brush top with melted butter and place on baking sheet.
9. Bake phyllo pockets at 400ºF until they start turning golden brown (about 10 minutes).