Item # 10303-12/2 lbs.; Item # 16275-6/2 lbs.
- Cooks on the stovetop in 12-15 minutes
- Called a supergrain because it is the only grain that is a complete protein (contains all 8 essential amino acids)
- Staple of ancient Incas (they called it “The Mother Grain”)
- Adds to plate presentation
- Earthy flavor and crunchy texture adds to any soup, salad, stuffing or pilaf
- Perfect for Vegetarian, South American, American, and Southwestern cuisines
12/2 lb. sleeves = 24 lbs. per case; 6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Bring 2 qts. water or stock to a boil. Stir in 2 lbs. White Quinoa, reduce heat and simmer covered for 12-15 mins.
Steamer: In a full hotel pan, combine 1½ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. White Quinoa. Steam uncovered for 22 mins.
Combi Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¾ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. White Quinoa. Cover and cook for 25 mins. at 350° F.
Convection Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¾ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. White Quinoa. Cover and cook for 25 mins. at 350° F.
Yield: 35 half-cup servings.