1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627 (Industrial)
Item # 16284-6/2 lbs.
- One of the most flavorful grains available
- Uniquely dense and varied texture make it a great meat alternative
- New to the market as a clean, consistent product of modernized processing – but rooted in a deep history and heirloom process
- Cooks up simply, holds well
- Ready in 20-30 minutes
- Wheat, when harvested young, retains more of its proteins, vitamins and minerals and generates great health benefits.
- Low carbohydrates, high in fiber (up to four times the fiber of brown rice)
- Low Glycemic Index, for better digestion and also diabetes control
- Acts as a prebiotic, aiding in the production of bacteria that aid in digestion
- Versatile and suitable for endless applications
6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Bring 1¾ qts. water or stock to a boil. Stir in 2 lbs. Greenwheat Freekeh™, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 mins.
Steamer: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¾ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. Greenwheat Freekeh™. Steam uncovered for 30 mins.
Combi Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 2 qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. Greenwheat Freekeh™. Cover and cook for 30 mins. at 350° F.
Convection Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 2 qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. Greenwheat Freekeh™. Cover and cook for 30 mins. at 350° F.
Yield: 32 half-cup servings.
Greenwheat Freekeh™ is a trademark of Greenwheat Freekeh Pty Ltd.