Item # 16284
- One of the most flavorful grains available
- Uniquely dense and varied texture make it a great meat alternative
- New to the market as a clean, consistent product of modernized processing – but rooted in a deep history and heirloom process
- Cooks up simply, holds well
- Ready in 40 minutes
- Wheat, when harvested young, retains more of its proteins, vitamins and minerals and generates great health benefits.
- Low carbohydrates, high in fiber (up to four times the fiber of brown rice)
- Low Glycemic Index, for better digestion and also diabetes control
- Acts as a prebiotic, aiding in the production of bacteria that aid in digestion
- Versatile and suitable for endless applications
6/2-lb sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
To preserve quality store in a cool dry area. 65º F
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stove Top: Bring 1 ¾ qts. water or stock to a boil. Stir in 2 lbs. Greenwheat Freekeh™, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until desired texture. Remove from heat and let rest covered 10 minutes before serving.
Steamer Cooking Directions: Combine 2 lbs. Greenwheat Freekeh™ and 1 ¾ qts. water or stock in a full hotel pan and steam for 30 minutes covered, or until desired texture. Remove from heat and let rest covered 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 32 half-cup servings per 2 lbs.
Greenwheat Freekeh™ is a trademark of Greenwheat Freekeh Pty Ltd.