|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Item # 16277-6/2 lbs.
- High quality Italian import
- Highest grade available
- Grains are 6 to 8mm long
- Heirloom version of Spelt grain
- Processed to reduce cook time
- Excellent in soups, salads, pilafs and risotto
- Perfect for Italian, Mediterranean, Eclectic, and American cuisines
6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Bring 2 qts. water or stock to a boil. Stir in 2 lbs. Farro, reduce heat and simmer covered for 25 mins.
Steamer: In a full hotel pan, combine 1½ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. Farro. Steam uncovered for 25 mins.
Combi Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¾ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. Farro. Cover and cook for 33 mins. at 350° F.
Convection Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¾ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. Farro. Cover and cook for 35 mins. at 350° F.
Yield: 24 half-cup servings.