|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Item # 16275-6/2 lbs.
- Cooks on the stovetop in 12-15 minutes
- Called a "supergrain" because it is the only grain that is a complete protein (contains all 9 essential amino acids)
- Staple of ancient Incas (they called it “The Mother Grain")
- Soft in texture and buttery in flavor, adds to any soup, salad, stuffing or pilaf
- Perfect for Vegetarian, South American, American, and Southwestern cuisines
6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Bring 2 qts. water or stock to a boil. Stir in 2 lbs. White Quinoa, reduce heat and simmer covered for 12-15 mins.
Steamer: In a full hotel pan, combine 1½ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. White Quinoa. Steam uncovered for 22 mins.
Combi Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¾ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. White Quinoa. Cover and cook for 25 mins. at 350° F.
Convection Oven: In a full hotel pan, combine 1¾ qts. hot water or stock with 2 lbs. White Quinoa. Cover and cook for 25 mins. at 350° F.
Yield: 35 half-cup servings.