|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Item # 16273-6/2 lbs.
- Originated in South America and Mexico
- Very high in protein, containing 7 of 8 essential amino acids
- Can be popped in dry pan and used for garnish
- Great for breakfast, soups and stuffings
- Perfect for Mexican, Latin, South American, and Vegetarian cuisines
6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Bring 2½ qts. water or stock to a boil. Stir in Amaranth, reduce heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes, or until desired texture. Remove from heat and serve. For a less moist consistency, use 2 qts. water and cook for 20 minutes.
Yield: 24 half-cup servings.