|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Scarlet Runner Beans
Item # 16407-6/2 lbs.
- High in complex carbohydrates and fiber
- Heirloom bean
- Striking appearance paired with pleasing texture
- Absorbs complex flavors very well
- Important part of Vegetarian diet for complete protein
- No need to be soaked overnight! Cover with boiling water and soak for 1 hour
- Increasing the amount of cooking water will improve the coloring of cooked beans
Scarlet Runner beans
6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Rinse and sort through a 2 lb. sleeve of beans, removing any unwanted material.
Quick Soak Method: Pour 5 qts. boiling water over beans in a large pot. Cover and let soak for one hour, then drain.
Overnight Soak Method: Add 5 qts. water to beans. Let soak overnight, then drain.
After draining water from the soaked beans, add 5 qts. fresh water, bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer for 40 minutes or until desired texture. Drain and serve.
Yield: 24 half-cup servings.