|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Green Flageolet Beans
Item # 16405-6/2 lbs.
- High in complex carbohydrates and fiber
- A favorite of the great chef Escoffier, this bean was developed in France in the 1800's.
- Enlarges 2x when cooked.
- Has a delicate creamy flavor profile, perfect for Cassoulets
- Heirloom beans are seeds passed down from generation to generation without genetic alteration by man
- Absorbs complex flavors very well
- Important part of Vegetarian diet for complete protein
- No need to be soaked overnight, just cover with boiling water and soak for 1 hour
- Increasing the amount of cooking water will improve the coloring of cooked beans
Green Flageolet beans
6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Rinse and sort through a 2 lb. sleeve of beans, removing any unwanted material.
Quick Soak Method: Pour 5 qts. boiling water over beans in a large pot. Cover and let soak for one hour, then drain.
Overnight Soak Method: Add 5 qts. water to beans. Let soak overnight, then drain.
After draining water from the soaked beans, add 5 qts. fresh water, bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer for 35 minutes or until desired texture. Drain and serve.
Yield: 24 half-cup servings.