|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Giant Peruvian Lima Beans
Item # 16404-6/2 lbs.
- High in complex carbohydrates and fiber
- Heirloom bean
- Light flavor makes it a wonderful simple side dish, tossed with olive oil and fresh herbs.
- Smooth texture allows the bean to work well in a pureed form.
- Large size sets it far apart from other beans
- Very creamy and buttery which appeals to more people trying to add more beans into their diet
Giant Peruvian Lima beans
6/2 lb. sleeves = 12 lbs. per case
Store in a cool and dry environment.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
Stovetop: Rinse and sort through a 2 lb. sleeve of beans, removing any unwanted materials.
Quick Soak Method: Pour 5 qts. boiling water over beans in a large pot. Cover and let soak for one hour, then drain.
Overnight Soak Method: Add 5 qts. water to beans. Let soak overnight, then drain.
After draining water from the soaked beans, add 5 qts. fresh water, bring to boil and cover. Reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until desired texture. Drain and serve.
Yield: 24 half-cup servings.