|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
And you thought Bolognese sauce meant meat! In fact, it usually does. But this vegan-yet-hearty dish alla Bolognese capitalizes on the meaty goodness of our colorful mix of green lentils, split baby garbanzo beans, French green lentils and black beluga lentils to yield a tasty, satisfying— and completely animal-byproduct free—dish for all the senses.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 5 servings
- 5 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 c. thinly shaved broccoli slices
- 1 c. thinly shaved cauliflower slices
- 1 c. julienne of shiitake mushroom
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
- ½ c. small-dice sweet onion
- 1 c. small-dice carrot
- ½ c. small-dice celery
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1½ t. tomato paste
- 2 cans (16 oz.) diced tomato with juice
- 1 can (16 oz.) tomato sauce
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Forest Blend™
- 1 T. roughly chopped fresh oregano
- 1 t. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 T. chopped fresh basil (optional)
- In separate oven-safe vessels for the broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom and corn cobs, drizzle 1 T. oil over each vegetable. Roast at 375°F until tender, approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove the corn kernels from their cobs and reserve the vegetables warm.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat the remaining oil. Cook the onion, carrot, celery and garlic until soft and golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and stir in the tomato paste. Cook to thicken the mixture slightly, approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomato with juice and tomato sauce. Continue to cook, uncovered, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the liquid reduces by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and stir in InHarvest Black Forest Blend. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer. Let cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, uncovered, until the lentils are tender. (If the lentils begin to dry out, add more stock a little at a time as needed.)
- Reduce the heat to low and add the roasted vegetables. Toss the mixture with the herbs and reserve warm for service.
Per serving: 370 cal., 14 g pro., 55 g carb., 10 g fiber, 12 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 940 mg sod., 18 g sugar