|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
InHarvest’s farro has been sourced from the same family farm in Italy for years because of its high quality. In this and every dish, our farro boasts a creamy texture and nutty, buttery flavor—ideal for late-summer menus!
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 16 salads
- 8 oz. InHarvest Farro
- 2 c. apple cider vinegar, divided
- 1 c. water
- 8 oz. baby arugula
- ½ c. radishes washed, thinly sliced
- 1 c. carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. kosher salt
- ½ c. red bell peppers, julienned
- ½ c. shaved parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- ½ t. cracked black pepper
- 1 c. pistachios, roughly chopped
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a medium pot, bring 1 c. of water,1 c. of apple cider vinegar and 1 t. salt to a boil. Add InHarvest Farro, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, place in refrigerator to cool.
- Combine radishes and carrots in a small bowl with remaining vinegar, sugar and remaining salt. Let sit for 1 hour. Drain liquid and rinse in colander.
- In a large bowl, combine chilled Farro, radishes, carrots, bell peppers, arugula and parmesan cheese. To make the dressing, stir together garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss salad with dressing, plate and garnish with pistachios and cracked black pepper.
Per serving: 190 cal., 5 g pro., 19 g carb., 2 g fiber, 11 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 150 mg sod., 3 g sugar